Pages

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Traveling...Day 17



Big challenge!! Not only is it the 4th of July...a  holiday famous for backyard barbecues and parties....but we are traveling to Salt Lake for a couple of days. Travel and not being able to eat anything...not a fun combination. I was prepared with my cooler of snacks, my salad dressing, my supplements, and my protein shake ingredients but I was not prepared for the 40 people in line at Subway or my reluctance to try Carl's Jr. We went into a gas station and looked past all kinds of candy and junk, hot dogs, soda, popcorn, etc. One teeny-tiny shelf had trays of fresh fruit and veggies along with some string cheese and Lunchables. I picked up the trays while doing my "Robert Irvine happy dance" (for any Restaurant Impossible fans) and silently thanked the smart managers at the gas station for providing me with something to eat! I was able to add some almonds and get in my protein and veggies for lunch. We decided to definitely find something good for dinner!!
We ended up going to Golden Corral because I knew they have a salad bar there. Even though I was prepared and brought my own salad dressing, I decided to just use the light Italian dressing they had. I had a HUGE salad with grilled chicken and some fruit for dessert. I may pay for the salad dressing tomorrow, but it was nice to eat out! Words do not describe the cravings and temptations I faced with the fried chicken, potatoes and gravy, and macaroni and cheese, And the desserts! It was SO hard and I was strong! I didn't go this long without foods I love to give up with 4 DAYS LEFT! I have everything I need to finish this out...even while traveling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment