Pages

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 18


The biggest challenge so far with this "diet" has definitely been traveling! In the past, I needed to have my great big Diet Dr. Pepper, my chocolate, assorted treats and snacks for the kids and we were able to stop whenever or wherever we wanted to without a thought. What fun is a road trip without treats and drinks?!? I remember going with my parents MANY times to get a drink and treat and I guess that is why I still like to do it with my own children. They love it and have even come to expect it. Daegon has been such a huge help to me by reading ingredients and helping me brainstorm ideas for snacks that would travel well. I brought a bag of snacks my kids like but I don't so I wouldn't be tempted to cheat. I was able to get a salad at Wendy's for dinner and the only thing it had on it that I wasn't supposed to eat was a small amount of cheese. That was manageable! Bringing the cooler and booking hotels with microwaves and refrigerators are what has saved me this trip. This journey isn't impossible but does require some serious planning ahead. It does get easier. And I am getting VERY excited for the next step...reintroduction of foods!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment