Pages

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Friday, June 28, 2013

Water...Day 9

     My daily intake of water has increased so much that I think the amount now outweighs my previous daily intake of Diet Dr. Pepper...I know...NOT good that I was drinking SO much! I think that was how I coped with not feeling well. I love water but only if it is ice-cold. I have a cute plastic cup I refill with ice and water throughout the day and I feel better about drinking it.  I did think about going to Maverik, filling up a plastic 44 oz cup with ice and water and seeing if going through the motions of getting a drink would trick my brain into thinking I was having a "drink". I don't even go into gas stations right now...too much temptation!
      I think going off diet soda has been the most difficult part of this experience, and not necessarily because I crave it. I really just want a drink...of something sweet...anything! I have been using fruit to flavor my water and that helps a little, but I am just getting used to drinking plain water. I also tried coconut water. I like it ok...don't love it...not sweet enough. :-) I know water is good for me! Not having sugar, sweetener, splenda, etc. is really going to help me feel better. However, even though I know the logic AND medicine behind it, I am still looking for that secret drink that will satisfy my sweet drink cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment