The food find for today is going to keep me going! I told my mom how bored I was getting with eating the same meal combinations with buckwheat and quinoa. I am supposed to have a protein and a veggie with each meal. She told me to try turkey sausage with cabbage. I laughed a little inside and thought that sounded a little strange. (Sorry I doubted you, Mom!!) She gave me a head of cabbage and I graciously took it home. She told me how simple it was to make and I thought I might try it if I couldn't find something else to eat. Well, I was bored with the food choices I had, so I tried it. I am HOOKED! I really can't believe how good and how satisfying it was! AND simple! I've had it twice already! This diet is definitely challenging my creativity and my patience. I have some really frustrating moments and some small victories. I know this is what I need right now and the changes I am already seeing are amazing. I have been headache free since I started eating this way and many of you know I have been having headaches/migraines DAILY! My neck has not been hurting AT ALL. I have not had to take ibuprofen or Tylenol to make it through the day. I haven't had to take medication to sleep at night. My blood sugar is lower than it has been in 1 1/2 years and is holding pretty steady instead of being all over the place. Most importantly, I have energy to play with my kids!! I know I will just continue to improve!
Turkey Sausage and Cabbage
(2-4 servings as a side dish...I ate it as a meal with a side of fruit)
Turkey sausage (ground, patties cut up, whatever you want and how much you want-mine was pre-cooked patties)
Cabbage
Seasonings...I used garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, and dried basil
Light Olive Oil
Heat the sausage in a little oil in the frying pan. Cut the cabbage into small squares and add to the turkey sausage. Add seasonings. Cook it all together for 5 minutes or to desired consistency ( I liked it still a little crispy).
I have been thinking of variations to this dish and maybe other things to add. I will post if I change it!
No comments:
Post a Comment