Right before school started, hubby whisked me away to Vegas for the weekend and some shopping to celebrate my weight loss (28 lbs so far). We weren't able to go to any of our usual places to eat because of the dietary restrictions. California Pizza Kitchen isn't exactly on my list of "foods that make me feel good" even though it is YUMMY! :) We decided to go to a buffet because of the variety of food offered. Can't go wrong there, right? NOPE! We went to the buffet at the M Hotel. Lots and lots of salads but no salad bar...and it was $40 per person. I couldn't handle paying that much money to NOT be able to eat the foods offered. So we ended up at Sunset Station. They had a salad bar...lettuce and a few toppings. Not the greatest salad bar I have been to, but at least I could eat something. I was thinking they would have some cooked veggies and some fruit. NOPE! I quickly learned that while the buffet claims to offer something for everyone, they don't have many options for those people carefully watching what they eat. It was a learning experience and I now know it is better to special order from a restaurant than go to a place with a variety of pre-made options.
A similar thing happened when we took the kids to Golden Corral over the weekend. Even though it was a breakfast buffet and breakfast traditionally consists of pancakes, french toast, burritos...breads, I was hoping for some healthier options. The eggs had been sitting out and were rubbery and the fruit was from a can or not very tasty because it wasn't in season. It was very difficult to be there and watch everyone else eat. I learned I have pretty strong will power when it is really important. I didn't even cheat!! I am now back to making my own meals and not embarking on the adventure called "eating out" at this stage in the game!
WATER
I've always known it is important to drink a lot of water. I never kept track of how much water I drank...I knew I drank more Diet Dr. Pepper than water, but that has water in it, right? Since I started this healthy way of eating, I have been very conscious of how much water I drink since it is ALL I can drink. I am actually starting to like and crave it. Strange!! I did start getting my plastic cup at Maverik and filling up with water after I blogged about that as an option. Some places charge full price but Maverik only charges $.25. It's a bargain and so much better for me! It costs $1.00+ for a bottle of water and I don't feel like "cool" because I have a big ol' fountain drink! So that makes it pretty easy to remember how many of those I drink throughout the day.
Over the weekend, I didn't even drink one full cup on Saturday. I was feeling it the next day. My bones were aching and I had the worst headache I have had in three months. The good part was that I knew it was lack of water and was able to fix the problem pretty quickly. :) I just keep learning from this experience! I am grateful I found Red River Health and Wellness and I am relieved I feel really good this week!
Your are winning this battle. Great job. Proud of you!!
ReplyDelete