Pages

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Berry Mango Sunrise Tarts

My search for a sweet treat resulted in the following recipe:

Berry Mango Sunrise Tarts



Recipe time: 4 hours total (30 minutes to make, 3-4 hours in freezer)

Ingredients (4-2 inch tarts)
2 mangoes (I used defrosted mangoes from the freezer)
1 c. raspberries

Ingredients for crust
2 T. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. raw walnuts
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger powder
1/4 c. shredded unsweetened coconut

  • Mix the ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Pulse and process the mixture until it looks like a crumbly dough. You should be able to shape it with your hands. Use a spoon to press into the bottom of the tart forms about 1/4 inch thick. ( I used rubber heart-shaped molds because I didn't have tart forms)
  • Puree the mangoes in a blender or food processor. Pour part of the puree into a bowl and set aside.
  • Add the raspberries to the mango puree left in the blender or food processor and mix. 
  • Spoon one flavor into the form.
  • Spoon the other flavor on top of the first flavor.
  • Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours
This was a nice treat and I think it would be fun to experiment with other fruit flavors and layers too!
Here is the original link and recipe I used for inspiration for this one! Enjoy!!

Original recipe found at www.fitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment