Pages

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Planting the Garden



There is something refreshing about the energy of the earth whether it is the life in the soil or the power of waves hitting the shore. We were able to help plant Grandma's garden today, a tradition the little boys are starting to love. I haven't had the opportunity to help plant, but every year I enjoy the fresh vegetables. Grandma puts SO much time and love into that garden every year just like Grandpa used to. She isn't able to do so much anymore, but everyone else stepped up and helped today. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
I can't believe it is Mother's Day. As I reflect on back, I remember missing my very first Mother's Day as a new mother while baby Daegon was in the NICU in Las Vegas. I was so sad and I remember calling the hospital from my own bed just about every hour that day. I was given the greatest gift that year as I was able to hold him in my arms once again while on the path to recovery. Things could have been very different. Last year, I was sick with labor pains and high blood pressure with Baby Jayden and this year, I get to celebrate being the mother to three healthy, happy, and incredibly active young boys. I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment