Pages

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Day 7- At Sea



We were able to sleep in a little today! I’m finding it surprisingly difficult to sleep on this ship. Shouldn’t it be soothing? Like a waterbed or being rocked to sleep? I keep waking up a lot. And hearing noises. And feel like I’m moving all the time! 🙄 😂Thank goodness for naptime!

This cruise has taught me things I didn’t know about my kids (and other family members😉). And I’ve seen my kids do actually have some skills to help them survive life. Trenton made a new friend on this cruise. I was afraid he would be nervous to go to activities alone but he was brave and confident. I am proud of all of them. Jayden has been getting up each morning and heading to breakfast alone, not afraid of being by himself. He goes to get things for me and Ryker and offers without being asked. I thought for sure he would be shy and nervous but he is having a great time! Daegon has been trying new foods and pretty much takes care of himself. He has also been meeting new people and making friends. Dominic is helping push him out of his comfort zone.

We had a Linus and the blanket situation this morning. Ryker prefers one particular texture and weight of blanket. The $2.50 piece of fleece blanket from Walmart. He has one in particular that is orange camouflage and he won’t part with it. Ever! Well, we went to see the Dr. Seuss and friends parade and right at the moment it was starting, he threw his sippy cup on the tile and it sprayed water ALL over the floor. Lee, the cruise director, had just started the chanting of “Dr. Seuss is on the loose!” and was moving our way. I saw the life of the Cat In The Hat flash before my eyes as I imagined him slipping in the water and sprawling awkwardly on the floor. I jumped into action and grabbed the closest thing I could find to mop up the water. I didn’t even think as I grabbed the orange fleece blanket from the stroller and mopped up the floor. The chanting continued and grew louder as Ryker wailed at my use of the blanket. I quickly shoved the blanket under the stroller and whisked Ryker out of the way as the parade turned and exited the other way. I had soiled the beloved blanket for no reason! I looked at Ryker’s sad face and started chanting the Dr. Seuss on the loose phrase and joined the parade as Rob sprinted for the laundry room. I would like to say this is the end of the story and we went about our Dr. Seuss day but that is not what happened. The story time started and Ryker started crying and wailing louder and louder so we left and went back to the room so he could cry in private. For two hours the child cried for his blanket. Order was only restored when the blanket was safely in is arms again. Whew! It was stressful! Friends...if you happen to see an orange camouflage fleece blanket at Walmart, think of this mama’s sanity and grab it for us!
Start the parade!
Lee kicking off the Dr. Seuss Story Time
The BLANKET! 

Speaking of Lee...This is my first cruise so I am learning the ways of the water life. I am loving his much energy Lee has and how much people like him. He is everywhere! And keeps everything going. He and his Fun Squad are great!! He must be so busy but it would be fun to be able to help people relax and have a good time!

Tonight was elegant night so we dressed up for Eric’s concert and dinner in the Gold Pearl afterwards. The concert was perfectly imperfect! As usual! I love the brotherly banter between Eric and Andy. I love that Eric doesn’t try too hard to impress everyone...he’s real. I love that they involve the audience. I love that even though we were all dressed up, it was informal. Like conversation among friends with some songs thrown in.
Before the concert
Concert...the lights were BAD! 
The dining room!
Swinging the napkins to Uptown Funk-
T was ready to leave! 

We ended up going to the dining room after the concert because I felt like the boys needed to experience fine dining and learn some fancy etiquette. Besides, the food options at the burger grill were getting a little old for me. And I wanted to order from a special dessert menu. Even Trenton dressed up! He fought me about it and then decided not to go but showed up looking like a million bucks! And he only tried to play the glasses by running his finger along the top of the glass one time. The food was delicious! Desert was amazing! The waiters and some guests (ahem...Eric!) even danced in the aisles to Uptown Funk while everyone swung their napkins around in the air. It was a fun time!
Dressed up for dinner! 
After dinner, we caught the Epic Rock Show and sang and clapped along with Ryker until his tummy was so upset from bouncing. It was my favorite show of the week in the Spectacular Theater, but that also could have been because of the great music choices.
We rounded off the evening with an ice cream cone on the way back to the room for bedtime!
Epic Rock Pre-show

Enjoying the show! 
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment