
I had an interesting talk with Daegon the other day. As we were driving, the song "Live Like You Are Dying" came on and Daegon told me it makes NO sense to him. My attempt to explain the idea of taking advantage of the moment hit me harder than it did him. With the emotional and physical challenges I am facing right now, I have really been thinking about what I want out of life and the steps I need to take to reach those goals. I have really tried to focus this week on taking care of myself and doing the things that make me happy.
Several years ago, Daegon and I survived a terrible car accident and I didn't think I would walk again. We have come so far in our lives since then and our lives could be SO different today. I am grateful for a supportive family and good friends who help me through the things I struggle with. I am grateful for 3 wonderful, active boys. I am grateful to have a house, clothing, food and a car. There are so many people without the basics and this time of year is a struggle for them. I am grateful for this time of year so I can be reminded of all the things I have in my life to be grateful for...
No comments:
Post a Comment